March 25, 2020
During the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on the financial markets, we must adjust our strategies and reasons for calling leads in the database as well as depositors. They are more concerned with their survival than hearing about your community. We must be compassionate. Show true concern. And continue to build the relationship. The following are suggested questions to ask them – to get them talking about what’s really on their minds. That’s all that matters. And, add your list of questions, too. After these crises, we can go back to ‘selling.’
Tom Hopkins said, “You can’t make a sale until you make a friend.”
- Just calling to check on you – to see how you’re doing.
- Are you self-quarantining?
- Do you have enough food?
- How are you doing?
- I hate to ask you, but what about toilet paper? LOL
- What have you been doing or how have you been communicating with your family and friends?
- Is there anything we can do to help you with technology so you can communicate easier with family and friends. (i.e. Skype, Zoom or Facetime)
- Do you communicate via Facebook? Other social media?
- How do you feel these days?
- Do you need transportation to see a physician?
- Are you able to get all of the medications you need?
- How can we help you?
- They say that hydrating – drinking lots of water – helps the body to stay healthy.
- What have you been doing about food and meals?
- Can we help you with any errands you might have or need to have done? Grocery, Bank? Medical?
- Are you able to get outside and walk?
- What are you doing to get exercise?
- Are you able to see your family?
- Are you able to see/visit with you neighbors?
- How does that make you feel?
- Do you need anything done around your house we can help you with? Trash, yard work?
- Can we help you with any errands you have or need to have done? Bank, grocery, medical, etc.?
- Are there any questions you have for me about how we can help you?
Past the time
- What are you doing to past the time?
- Read? If so, what?
- Do you like jig saw puzzles?
- Are you getting fresh air each day?
- They say that’s really important!
Optional: Your Community
- Are you concerned about _____________ (our community) being safe?
- Do you have any concerns?
- What are your concerns?
- I’d like to share with you what we have done to keep our residents safe.
- Make a list, share with them and pause often for them to ask questions.
- How does that make you feel?
How to end the call
- I’m certainly glad you’re doing well.
- I’ve enjoyed our visit.
- May I call you about the same time next week?
- We didn’t know what we didn’t know.
- Senior Living Survey Finds Residents Feel Safe, Glad to be Part of a Community During Pandemic
- Current COVID-19 and Financial Crisis What are the Best Questions to Ask?
- What's Up with Those Baby Boomers?
- Resolution Realization
- Reflection on 2018 and Looking to 2019
- Marketing to Family Members- Part 1
- Industry Trends in Senior Living Industry Part 3
- Industry Trends in Senior Living - Part 2
- Industry Trends in the Senior Living Industry - part 1