Another reason that a sense of purpose grows in significance as one grows older is that one’s sense of purpose and self-worth can morph as life changes. One’s personal purpose changes since the first entry-level job until the final departure from full time work upon retirement. A healthy individual reflects and adjusts their goals for …Read the rest…
Independence is more than just physicality; it is also a feeling. Being out of control is not comfortable. There is something calming about feeling like your life is under control….and under your own personal control. Thus, the feeling of autonomy or self-rule is important to a sense of independence. AUTONOMY COEXISTING WITH CARE In RD’s …Read the rest…
As previously stated in this month’s blog and within significant reports related to seniors, older Americans are getting older, of course,….and comprise a greater segment of America’s population. It has been estimated that the aging population will soon double; and by the year 2030, 20% of the US population will be 65 or older (US …Read the rest…
July Fourth is a day for celebrating independence – our independence from the British empire.Independence always makes me think about our population and their focus on independence or maintaining their independence. We often hear our guests comment, “I want to be able to remain independent.” What does that mean and why is it so important …Read the rest…
- We didn’t know what we didn’t know.
- Senior Living Survey Finds Residents Feel Safe, Glad to be Part of a Community During Pandemic
- Current COVID-19 and Financial Crisis What are the Best Questions to Ask?
- What's Up with Those Baby Boomers?
- Resolution Realization
- Reflection on 2018 and Looking to 2019
- Marketing to Family Members- Part 1
- Industry Trends in Senior Living Industry Part 3
- Industry Trends in Senior Living - Part 2
- Industry Trends in the Senior Living Industry - part 1